Saturday 6 June 2015

Block Colors and Checks...



Hey guys! How are you? Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Just to update you on the current state of affairs I am back home in Chandigarh and right now am having the cosiest home time with parents and my younger brother. Though that doesnt mean that Im taking time off blogging. So, I am happy to share a new exciting story for the coming week.


Since I have been back from Himachal, work has kept me so occupied. The piled up tasks are not getting any lesser. But one thing is good for sure, that I somehow managed to segregate the thousand pictures we clicked on our trip, day wise, and here I am, sharing todays prose about day 1, which started as we depart at 5 a.m. from Chandigarh.




For the journey, (which was as long as 5-6 hours if we go non-stop, but for us turned out to be 8 hours. I am a frolic person and I love stopping by and posing into the camera at every good location on the way. Also, as I am a foodie, I made sure we did not miss out on any good eating joint), I wore a Flamboyant Backshirt, in Italian-cotton checks from my own label Shruti S”, paired up with a heads and tailstrouser in Cotton, once again from my label Shruti S.




To add to the ensemble, I carried my Louis Vuittonsun glasses, my metallic strap platforms from Steve Maddenand a fringed sued bag from Aldo". I always prefer to tie up my hair into an up-do for long journeys. 


As I had mentioned earlier I am not much of a sleepy person, I packed till late night and still was ready sharp at 5 in the morning to leave. It's a beautiful highway from Chandigarh to Shimla. From there the roads start narrowing further more. Sandeep insisted on me driving all the way uphill to our destination. I did drive for a while, but did not want to risk everyone elses life, LOL!!! , so I handed over the car to the more experienced drivers. wink!! 


The journey was fun filled, as we put on old Bollywood songs and sang out from the depth of our throats. Singing mere Sapno ki ranion the hills is so cliche, but I bet, no one can miss singing that song out loud,  taking their heads out of the sun roof and feel like Lt. Rajesh Khannahimself. Stopping by at the dhabas, sipping tea in those glass tumblers, clicking as many pictures as possible, singing and so on gave a kick start to our journey.

To be continued.......












Flamboyant Back check Shirt : Shruti S
 Heads and Tails Trousers: Shruti S
Sun Glasses: Louis Vuitton
Métallique Strap platforms : Steve Madden
Fringed Bag : Aldo



Photographer: Sandeep Sahdev
Editor: Sumidha Sharma

No comments: